I like this video because it is short sweet an applicable. This video gives a simple yet in depth explanation of torque while giving everyday examples of how we see torque in everyday life. When turning a wrench the distance the shaft of the wrench is from the axis of rotation allows you to assert more force on the bolt. A lawn mover allows more rotational speed which allows it to cut through thicker grass. Torque is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis, fulcrum, or pivot. Just as a force is a push or a pull, a torque can be thought of as a twist to an object. I no know what torque is all about and can recognize it wherever I go.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Torque
I like this video because it is short sweet an applicable. This video gives a simple yet in depth explanation of torque while giving everyday examples of how we see torque in everyday life. When turning a wrench the distance the shaft of the wrench is from the axis of rotation allows you to assert more force on the bolt. A lawn mover allows more rotational speed which allows it to cut through thicker grass. Torque is the tendency of a force to rotate an object about an axis, fulcrum, or pivot. Just as a force is a push or a pull, a torque can be thought of as a twist to an object. I no know what torque is all about and can recognize it wherever I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a good choice of video followed by a nice explanation. Now I know what to look for when purchasing heavy duty power tools. Make sure you proof read for grammar mistakes before you post online.
ReplyDelete